My name is Alanna Reyes and you're visiting my website!
Ph.D. student, Communication and Science Studies at UC San Diego.
Click the buttons above to navigate.
- Ph.D. student in Communication and Science Studies;
University of California, San Diego, since 2016.
- B.S. in Science, Technology, and Society (Life Sciences and Biotechnology);
Stanford University, 2010-2014.
digital game design & culture, superhero narratives and disability, individuals with physical disabilities & communication technologies, learning/training via digital gaming, the relationship between digital technology & human values, laboratory education and knowledge production
- Operations Lead, SMASH Academy Alumni Leadership Board; the Level Playing Field Institute, 2017-2018.
- Honors Program Coordinator, McCoy Center for Ethics in Society; Stanford University, 2014-2016.
- Preceptor, The Leland Scholars Program; Stanford University, 2012-2013.
- Scholar in Residence, OFFICE--SPACED Residency; Culture, Art, Technology Program at UC San Diego, Oct 2017-Feb 2018.
- Cota Robles Diversity Fellowship recipient, Sept 2016 - present.
Reyes, A. (2017). Press Start: Intersectionality, Video Games, and Identity. Presented at the Science Studies Program Biennial Conference at UC San Diego, CA.
Older sister, dancer, marathon runner, and video gamer.
Alanna earned a B.S. in Science, Technology, and Society (STS) from Stanford in 2014 with foci in chemistry and philosophy. She was treasurer of the Alpha Alpha chapter of Alpha Chi Sigma, a professional chemistry fraternity, from 2012-2014. She currently serves as the Operations Lead for the SMASH Academy Leadership Board for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Alanna is a classical ballerina by training, but loves to play and try all sports. Fun dance experiences include a workshop with Robert Moses Kin and a 3-year stint with Stanford's Bollywood fusion dance team, Dil Se. Next up: learning some martial arts fundamentals with the wonderful UCSD Yongmudo Hapkido group.
Void Screamers Eats
Scroll through the map for a compilation of my friends' favorite restaurants across the US. Go to my contact form if you'd like to submit something!
Make sure you zoom out to look at Hawaii too :)
Department of Communication #0503
Media Center and Communication Building (MCC)
University of California San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA
(or click an icon below to contact me electronically)